- Simple Sketch – I got tired of feature-rich and slow note-taking apps that require whole bunch of permissions to run. So, I made my own simple app to draw and save hand-drawn notes. The only permission it requires is the access to Storage to save the created note. Not even a permission to connect to Internet is required, and it loads super fast.
- Chrome Sound Effects – Add sounds to events triggered by user in Chrome, like switching tabs, etc. They can be manually disabled.
- Change all UI fonts – Changes all the font-faces on all the web sites to a user given local font. Enter your desired font in the options by clicking the extension icon.
Simple Windows/Web Applications:
- Weather app – Made this on a Google Developer workshop called Progressive Web Apps. I used Service workers to do the updates and show cache data while offline.
- Google Search Widget – Type text and hit enter to search that text.
- Oscar Winner Finder – Used PHP and MySQL to implement a simple search function to retrieve the title, year and Rotten Tomatoes score of the Academic Award-winning feature films.
- Facebook – Used image map to create the working links.
- lifelens – A simple photo curation web service. What is special about this service is that it’s designed to present user photos in a Timeline view. The algorithm extracts EXIF data from the uploaded photos and creates the Timeline by itself without user interaction. Just view one example.
- chatter – A Twitter-like public chat engine, very simple implementation using Perl and php. mirror
- a silly lab
- animatron lab
Preserving Golden Treasures:
- Thirukural (திருக்குறள்) – Thiruvalluvar wrote this classic Tamil sangam literature, consisting of 1330 couplets or Kurals, sometime between the third and first centuries BCE. I came across this compilation some time ago and made a copy/backup for myself. Thanks to all those who help compile this timeless piece of writing.
- Aathichoodi (ஆத்திச்சூடி) – is a collection of single-line quotations written by Avvaiyar and organized in alphabetical order.
These are some of the designs created by me for India’s giant food chain Saravanaa Bhavan.
- my old homepage – created when I could not afford a web host.
- some old visual basic applications – I remember coding from morning to night, when I did not have an internet connection (in Sri Lanka), looking at textbooks, trying all the snippets of code. I had to wait till next week to go to Internet Cafe and lookup something I needed to know, which I had typed out in a txt file, which had other links from pages I had saved as html files.
- myapps.swf – a demo for my old visual basic applications
- startmenu.swf – a flash designed windows desktop mockup.
- screensaver.scr – a simple screensaver I made.
- another apps demo
- my-website.exe – a simple web browser interface where you can browse my old site.
- bsod.exe – a simple vb app which emulates a BSOD (Blue Screen of Death). It just shows a screen capture (image) of a BSOD, which can be used to prank someone.
- FlashPlayer.exe – a simple Flash player. Its a modified version of the original player. It is a standalone executable. Just drag and drop an SWF file and it will render the file.
Stuff I ripped/modified from other sites:
- scale2.swf – This guy/gal had created this amazing simulation on Flash. It gives you a perspective of how big or small things are, real world things. I think they have a new version up.
- Onscreen Keyboards for Tamil and Sinhala
UNDER CONSTRUCTION – more on the way